Red Dragon Acupuncture
The 'Point' Of well-being
Continuing Education and Advanced Certifications
March 2014 - Gua Sha for Neck and Facial Rejuvenation by Dr. Ping Zhang
- Orthopaedics for the Primary Care Provider by Mt. Sinai School of Medicine
- Treatment and Resolution of Trauma workshop by Andrew Heimann
- Neurofunctional Acupuncture Certification for Lower Extremities by Dan Wunderlich
- Neurofunctional Acupuncture Certification for Upper Extremities by Dan Wunderlich
- Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture and Massage Certification by Virginia Doran
Brian received his Masters of Science in Acupuncture after an intensive four-year program at Pacific College of Oriental Medicine, one of the nation’s leading schools for acupuncture, massage, Chinese herbal medicine, and integrative medicine. Although his extensive training has prepared him to treat all the ailments that acupuncture is effective for, he focuses on the treatment of pain, particularly due to sports and dance injuries, as well as those stemming from emotional roots. Additionally, he has an extensive patient following for his success in treating digestive and gynecological disorders and infertility. Brian is also certified in Facial Revitalization Acupuncture, a non-surgical method of reducing the signs of the aging process.
Besides treating patients in his Union Square office, Brian is the director of the newly formed acupuncture department of MPower Bodywork. Additionally, he is the founder and director of the Bronx Community Wellness Center, a holistic center of medicine that provides acupuncture, massage, herbal medicine, nutritional guidance, and exercise (Yoga, Qi Gong and Tai Ji); all five branches of Traditional Chinese Medicine.
Having a background in Education, Brian has a passion for learning and teaching.
- As a teacher, his immediate goal is to educate his patients about the interconnection of the body and mind, and the importance of a well-balanced lifestyle. Accordingly, he is an independent health coach for the highly successful weight loss programs Take Shape for Life and Team Beach Body. With these tools, he has been able to change many people’s lives by helping them find optimal health following an effective weight-loss regimen, nutritional coaching, and cardiovascular fitness.
- As a life-long student, his next goal is to obtain a Sports Medicine Acupuncture Certification, the most advanced certification in the field of Sports Medicine Acupuncture and a Masters in Herbal medicine to supplement his Oriental Medicine repertoire.
Main Focus / Specialties
- Musculoskeletal Disorders and Pain Management
- Facial Rejuvenation and Facelift Massage
- Emotional Disorders
- Digestive Disorders
- Gynecological Disorders
"My mission is provide you with effective acupuncture and massage treatments so you can get well and stay well."